The museum dedicated to the great inventor Traian Vuia, inaugurated on April 25, 2012 in the commune of Traian Vuia (Timiş County), includes numerous exhibits, documents, photographs and models. Traian Vuia has dedicated his entire life to the development of aircraft heavier than air, adding two technical solutions: the landing gear with pneumatic wheels and the take-off with its own means of flight, without complementary devices or with external momentum.
The layout of the Vuia 1 airplane (sc. 1: 1) – the airplane with which Traian Vuia flew on the Montesson runway near Paris on March 18, 1906 – in the entrance hall of the museum, opens the exhibition route, introducing the visiting public to the world of aviation modern. It was the first flight of a man with a heavier-than-air aircraft, who used only the means on board.
Within the museum there is a room dedicated to the life and activity of Traian Vuia, in which are exhibited images and historical documents from the studies that the Banat inventor made in Făget, Lugoj and Budapest, as well as documents related to the period spent in Paris. Also highlighted is the political activity of Vuia, who was part of the National Council of Romanians in Transylvania and Banat, he being Romania’s delegate to the Paris Peace Conference, to the discussions on Banat. A special place is reserved for the confessions of Traian Vuia’s descendants.
The exhibition is completed by the presentation of two other models: